You'll need to execute some commands via SSH to use this software. There is a separate guide on how to connect to your slot via SSH. Commands are kept as simple as possible and in most cases will simply need to be copied and pasted into the terminal window (then executed by pressing the Enter key).
Table of contents
You can copy and paste the following to run an installation script for Jackett and its dependencies:
wget -qO ~/install.jackett.sh https://bitbucket.org/feralio/wiki/raw/HEAD/src/wiki/software/jackett/jackett.sh && bash ~/install.jackett.sh
The script will also allow you to restart the software and uninstall it.
Starting, stopping and restarting
This section covers the Jackett process - starting it, stopping it and restarting it. It also covers checking if the process is running, in case that becomes necessary.
- screen -dmS jackett /bin/bash -c 'export TMPDIR=~/tmp; ~/Jackett/jackett_launcher.sh'
- check running
- pgrep -fu "$(whoami)" jackett
- access URL
- echo -e "\nhttp://$(hostname -f):$(sed -rn 's|(.*)"Port": (.*),|\2|p' ~/.config/Jackett/ServerConfig.json)"
- pkill -fu "$(whoami)" jackett
- pkill -fu "$(whoami)" jackett; sleep 3; screen -dmS jackett /bin/bash -c 'export TMPDIR=~/tmp; ~/Jackett/jackett_launcher.sh'
- kill (force stop)
- pkill -9 -fu "$(whoami)" jackett
The check command works as follows: if the process is running a list of relevant process ID numbers will be listed; if nothing is listed the process is not running.
Please note that the bash script at the top of the page can also be used for restarting Jackett.
Automatically restarting Jackett if it is not running
Cron jobs can be used to check if Jackett is running and start it up if it is not. There is a separate page on configuring cron jobs.
One of the first things you should probably do is password protect Jackett. You can do this by scrolling down on the Jackett dashboard to the section Jackett Configuration, enter your password in the field Admin password and press Set Password.
- Jackett gives an error whilst trying to add an indexer.
Please copy and paste the following commands:
wget -O ~/cacert.pem https://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem cert-sync --user ~/cacert.pem
Then, restart Jackett using the section above.
pkill -9 -fu "$(whoami)" jackett rm -rf ~/Jackett ~/.config/Jackett